What's new

Samsung Announces AirTrack HW-F850 Wireless Soundbar (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Samsung has announced the Samsung AirTrack HW-F850, a wireless soundbar that aims to offer a complete cinematic experience at home.

Samsung_HW-F850_News.jpg

With its metallic design that matches with premium Samsung Smart TVs, it can lie horizontally on your home entertainment centre or be wall mounted.

Incorporating a powerful 350W 2.1 Channel wireless subwoofer, the AirTrack has these features:

[*]Vacuum Tube: This built-in feature produces warm and rich tones by enhancing the element of harmony while reducing ambient noise with the help of the built-in vacuum tube
[*]3D Sound Plus: With this, sound is synchronised to match the motion and depth of the image shown on the Smart TV
[*]SoundShare: This feature makes setup clean and effortless, as it enables you to easily synchronize your TV to the AirTrack’s Bluetooth sensor. It also enhances the sound of your favourite TV shows and movies with greater clarity without making it louder
[/list]
I am quite curious about the Vacuum Tube. That's usually something on higher end amps.

The HW-F850 has built-in wireless capabilities that wirelessly connect the soundbar and subwoofer, so that space will not be cluttered with unnecessary and unsightly wires. NFC technology activates the Bluetooth connection in one simple touch to ensure easy pairing of Bluetooth enabled devices.

I've never tested wireless sound speakers outside of my Sonos system that I have through the whole house. While the Sonos system sounds great, I have never listened to them as reference type speakers. Has anyone used wireless speakers in a reference setting for either audio or home theater?

The Samsung AirTrack HW-F850 is available in black this September for S$1,199.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There was a blurb a while back about this vacuum tube(in a HTiB). Mainly was marketing fluff where the tube really had nothing to do with sound production.Besides...a 350w vacuum tube? And this thing is plastic?

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Samsung Link

Looking at Samsung's description it reads like "Vacuum Tube" is basically a DSP setting. From the description I would not think there was an actual valve in the device.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Went by Best Buy yesterday to check out the Samsung tube products. While there, ran into a Samsung rep. Kudos to the Samsung rep, knew her stuff.

Liked plasma better than LCD. Discussed the perfect movies to view for maximum effect, told her to get Baraka Re-Mastered(was already looking for it as the regular version).

Confirmed that, yes, Samsung has changed the caps on the power supplies and agreed that "We'll all see if that made a difference in 18 months".

Then we discussed the JJ tubed audio. The dock/box is pretty awesome...$600 of awesome...not so sure. But it is pretty and brazenly shows off the tubes.

Funny bits...

I called it "Samstung"...and she goes "I hate it every time I hear that"...
Explained to a couple of sales staff that LCD works like a kaleidoscope. That was an eye opener for several of them.
LED really is just a backlight. That drew a couple dropped jaws.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh yeah, should explain that "LCD works like a kaleidoscope" was a Pioneer sales device to help average Joe understand why to spend the money on a Kuro(plasma in general)...over a 240hz LCD.

Emanuel1

Agent
Real Name
Dessel Martro
Can I hook up the Rocketfish wireless surround sound to my sony ct 100 soundbar?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks