What's new

Samsung 850 will not play progressive over component! (1 Viewer)

Mike*D

Auditioning
Our Church just got the Sammy 850, but I can not get the player to play progressive over component. The set-up menu will not change from interlaced to prog. As a matter of fact, I don't get any picture on my Mits. over component, but composit works. Anyone have a similar issue with this model and if so, what did you do to correct it?

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
You also need to change the setting in the menu that says S-Video/Composite to Component, this will also enable you to choose progressive scan. To ensure what I said is true, when you hook up the component cables, do you get a red picture with a noisy pattern in it. If so, that is the problem.

Mike*D

Auditioning
Thanks for your reply, Jeremy. The problem I'm having is when I change to interlaced component in the set-up menu, the player does not send a signal to my RPTV and when I try to select progressive component/HDMI the screen goes black like it's processing the signal, but then returns, again no picture thru component. All the while The HDMI option is not available (can not highlight to select). The component input on my rptv is fine as I have been using the Denon 1600.

Mike*D

Auditioning
Worked like a charm, once I unplugged and re-plugged the component cables back in. Great picture on my Mits. Now I need to get a component to VGA cable to hook up the Panasonic LCD projector. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks