Samsung 61 inch DLP HD

wage

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
My parents decided it was time for a new t.v. and spent yesterday shopping around. They decided to go with a 61 inch Samsung at Circuit City. Is this a decent television? Just trying to look out for them
Looks like my Christmas visit will be spent rewiring their setup.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's spectacular. Beats the hell out of my Pioneer CRT RP.

wage

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
Okay, i just talked to her. Her cable company doesn't have a High Def box with HDMI (which isn't a bad thing) but they do have a DVI out. What is the best way to hook this thing up? DVI with HDMI converter or just ggo component?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

If the cable box has component connections, you might just use that. For cable connections, component will be as good as HDMI.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
See if the cable company offers a HD-PVR. It will change your parents life if they have nevers used a Tivo/PVR/DVR system.

I got my 61" Samsung 2 years ago from Circuit City and it is an outstanding unit. Mine is the 720 unit, but your parents probably got the 1080 version.

I use component cables for HD and DVD.

wage

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
Thanks for the responses. I did talk them into getting the DVR which they were set against but for them it was only an exter $2 a month. This will all give me something to do while i'm visiting for a week!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amitsecond