What's new

samsung 5674w (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
i forgot how much a pain in the keester picking a new tv is, i have been going back and forth a hundred times, and i decided to go down this afternoon and pick up the 56 inch samsung, should be nice with the faroujda chip , they say on the ultimate electronics site and at the store it has the 4th generation light engine (is that the dlp chip)and 3000 to 1 contrast ratio, but on samsung.com it is different, anyone know anything on that? someone said it lags in xbox games, but then someone else said its only on 480i games, not hd games, which is fine,

any word on how the rainbow effect is on this tv?

http://www.ultimateelectronics.com/s...ProductID=4046

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
i just got it home, looks pretty nice without setting anything,
one thing, there is a kind of shimmering or grain or something if you look real close, is that just part of having a bigger tv? my 50 inch lcd didnt have that, this is dlp is that the difference? i suppose i will get used to it,
i'll have to try the calibrating dvd if i can find one online

Tam Nguyen

Grip

I just also picked up a 5674w model. Look up the spec and see different detail. For instance: the Contrast is 2500:1, or 3000:1, or 2000:1. Which is it?

There is only one spec I found that include the colorwheel spec. THis one site described as 6 segments colorwheel. Is this true? I thought this model is 7 segment colorwheel.

I can not find the HLP5674W on the samsung.com. Does anyone know the real spec for this model? THe TV PQ is awsome BTW!

Tam N.

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
from what i hear its 2000:1 6 segment, but i have seen ads online saying 3000:1, the place i bought it from the website said 3000, the label at the store said 2000,

strange, but it does look nice, anyone have one of these calibrated professionally? just wondering how much difference it would make

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks