What's new

Samsung 42" Rear Proj HDTV Compatible (1 Viewer)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this monitor in August and have a couple of general questions, if anyone can help:
1) When I try to watch a DVD in Cinema Mode (which switches a letterbox to 16:9, filling the screen), during dark scenes the screen is full but once in a while when a daylight scene comes on, it automatically switches back to letterbox format, Cinema mode still on...really annoying.
Why? Is this common?
2) It has a Perfect Focus feature and also Manual Convergence? Which is better? I have made the time consuming Manual Convergence adjustments and just now did the Perfect Focus feature and they both look the same to me. Did I waste time with the Manual process?
I was thinking about "calibrating" with one of thos professional DVDs but am afraid it might be more wasting of time. Will one of those DVDs really make a difference in picture or are those differences only noticeable to a super duper expert?
Hope you guys can help!
THX!
:confused:

NickSchmidt

Agent
I'm VERY interested in getting this TV as well. How would you rate it overall? Worth the, roughly, $1600? How's the picture on regular cable? And is the stretch mode for 4:3 signals any good? Thanks. ;)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, it's a great TV...but regular cable does look like crap on it (I can't get digital cable nor satelite at this apt. complex)....just wanted for DVDs and Laserdiscs for now. I think it is definitely worth the price so far....it's not overbearing on the living room....just those 2 probs I mentioned above that I'm hopin someone can answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks