What's new

Samsung 40" WXGA TFT-LCD at Comdex (1 Viewer)

Mark Rogo

Grip
I, too, have become temporarily obsessed with this display.
The aspect ratio is not at all a misprint, by the way. It is 15:9. I believe this is so the pixels are actually square and not rectangular.
I fear that details will be scarce cause the press release from August is the last one Samsung has posted anywhere.
I think this is not yet a product. I think it may be a product. But we've seen Samsung do this before where it's not really there.
Also, I think the weight is totally right. The finished product may weigh a bit more due to bezel issues and power supply and such, but it may not.
Mark

Mark Rejhon

Auditioning
26 pounds, that's very light for a 40 inch display!

I think the weight figure is right (12kg) -- TFT's are much thinner than plasma displays. TFT's are just mostly glass, and not much electronics are required to drive them -- just a few extra pounds. Add a lightweight aluminum or magnesium casing, and 26 pounds is right.

Very impressive -- At this weight, you could almost mount it directly to simply drywall....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks