What's new

Samsung 32 4:3 vs 30 16:9 HDTV, or some other brand I need help. (1 Viewer)

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
I have been trying to figure out what I want to get. I watch a ton of TV(I have it on while I am doing homework so I don't go crazy) which is the reason I am considering the 32. I also don't find black bars destracting. The 32 will only be very slightly small that the 30 in 16:9. With that said, how would the picture quality be between the 32, and the 30 in 4:3 on each vs 16:9 on each.

What about video games?

I really wish I knew all the technical info and how all this stuff works then this would be a much easier decision because I would know exactly what I am getting.

Right now I am leaning twards the 32 4:3, because it is going to be close size on 30 16:9, and I watch a lot of tv.

I know this has been discussed before, I am having a hard time choosing what I want.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I'd go for the 32 inch if you watch a lot of 4:3 TV or save up & look for a deal on a 34 inch wide-screen tube. A friend of mine wanted a wide-screen tv & got the Samsung 30 inch for his main set & ended up returning it for the 32 inch. The 30 inch was just too small & as you stated the wide-screen picture on a 32 inch is almost as big as the 30 inch wide-screen set anyway. Just my 2 cents ;)

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, how did the widescreen picture quality compare between the two of them? What sort of options are there with the 32?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I haven't seen his 32 inch set yet but from just a quick look at both of the sets in the stores the picture seemed to be pretty much the same. Of course the store may have just been feeding it the same quality picture. Do a search on the 32 inch here there should be a lot of info on this boad about it as well as the 30 inch. You might also want to hold off on either of them because the new Samsung's will have a DVI Input on them if that's important to you. If you don't know what a DVI Input is you can also do a seach on it on this boad explaining what this input is for.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I was originally gonna get the 30' Samsung 3071...but then I saw a sale at CC on a Panasonic 36'HDTV 4:3 for $1299...and got it...they also have the 32' 4:3 HDTV for $999...its a spectacular deal...

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I checked that out, How do the Panasonics compair to the Samsung? Right now the Samsung is 899, I have heard the new models are coming out next month so I will wait to see what they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks