What's new

SAmson s1000 fan noise??!?! (1 Viewer)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
My fan has just started to make audible noise. It almost now sounds like a humming/buzz from the fan. It had NEVER done this before. Is this fixable, is it somthing lkike dust in there or what? Cause it was NEVER noticable but now it is annoying. Any help would be Awesome!! Thanks
-B:frowning:

MikeHalder

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem with my fans... it all of a sudden started to hum. Turned out to be a halogen lamp my wife bought. Any new lighting in the house?

Mike

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
NO thats not te case here. It is 100% the fan making the noise. Any other suggestions??

Can I fix the problem?

-B

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I had some noise on my S1000 once. I took the cover off, removed both fans and then re-installed. My noise was more of an intermittent rattling so this might not be the fix for you.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
HOw involved is it to take off the cover and reinstall the fans? I think that would be a viable option to at least see whewre the problem is coming from.

Thanks again
-B

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
when you take the cover off you might wanna oil the fans up a bit. if it's anything like a computer fan then you just peal the sticker off one side...put in a drop of motor oil...and put the sticker...or a piece of tape....back on.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Not a big deal at all.

I did however unplug the unit for 24hrs and made sure not go near the electronics because I couldn't identify a cap if I wanted too. And, if I could, I would not know its discharge properties to judge its state.

The fans are attached with clips that are screwed on the chassis. When I took my fans out, I found that one of the clips was not seated correctly on the chassis causing the fan to rattle when it was on.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
thanks guys I will have to try those suggestions. I mean it was silent! before noe it has a grinding friction like hum to it. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks