What's new

Sam's Club TV DVD deals (1 Viewer)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I just got back from Sam's Club where I got Firefly for $17.88. They had a bunch of other sets at that price including various seasons of:

Tru Calling
CSI
Dark Angel
Angel

Right now I don't remember what else;)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
CSI at my Sam's is going for a lot more than $17.88. They have most of the seasons in the $50 price range or so (they vary).

Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Exactly. That's the current price range at my BJ's Wholesale Club ($45 - $59).

Maybe he's talking about Season 1 of CSI: Miami or something? But I'm not even sure any of the other series titles have been dropped to that kind of price.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't ya know. Amazon's got CSI: Seasons 1 and 2 up for a big TV on DVD sale. $28.97 apiece! Best price I've ever seen!

Still no $17.88, though. ;)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I'm not sure which CSI it is but I think it's the first & second season sets with William Peterson.

I think Gilligan's Island 1 is there too.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
At my Sam's CSI was in a differnet place and S1 & S2 were lower at I think like $31.87.

Also in the $17.88 was Murder One & Millenium and Arrested Development S1 & S2 and some other that I don't remember.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Hm. No success at my Sam's on Murder One (or Dark Angel... didn't love the show, but worth having for Jessica Alba...), but I did pick up all three Kung Fu seasons for $17.88 each...

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
A box of those Fox specials (Dark Angel 1 and 2, Murder One 1, Roswell 1, MalcolmITM1, The Lone Gunmen) has since come into my local store.

Also a good deal: WB's Batman: The Animated Series (all 4 volumes) available for just under $22 each...

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Twilight Zone definitive collections are like $59 IIRC...plus you can get the 4-pack X-Files Mythology Collection set for $69.

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know if Twilight Zone Season 5 is included? I stopped at my local Sam's, and they only had Seasons 1-4. I ask because there's another one I could drive to, but don't want to make the trip if it's a lost cause.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen Season 5 TZs at that price at Sam's, yeah (haven't gotten one yet...).

So it's possible, but not a guarantee, of course, that your other Sam's will have it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I broke down for Firefly (hoping the movie will make more sense now) and S1 of Millennium and I am resisting S1 of Angel. Has anyone seen other seasons of either Millennium or Angel at $17.88 at any Sam's?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
When I was at Sam's today I noticed several new season sets. Bare in mind, I skimmed the section quickly because I was on a tight timetable and looking specifically for the new Leave It to Beaver. I observed a whole slew of Simpsons titles, Family Guy, Futurama and American Dad. All were priced $24.xx (I forget the exact amount - perhaps .77?) It looked like every season of The Simpsons was represented (including the Homer heads) except for the most recent season. They also had several new Paramount titles, including multiple seasons of The Brady Bunch, plus the aforementioned Tru Calling, CSI, and Dark Angel. I also recall seing a few other Fox sitcoms. The first season of Bob Newhart and Malcolm In the Middle were both priced under $18.

I don't know if this is all just overstock or the beginning of a big TVonDVD inventory sell-off, but they had LOTS of different titles at pretty attractive prices...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike, I posted that over in Coupons and Bargains -- $33.32 IIRC. Also check out my inital comments on the set over in HT Software - TV Shows and TV Movies.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

But, Gary...this IS Coupons & Bargains! :laugh:

You and I have been chasing each other all over the HTF this morning! Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks