1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

SAMS CLUB selling Infocus Screenplay 4800 (a.k.a. X1)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Cheng, Feb 2, 2004.

1. John Cheng

John Cheng Auditioning

I found that my local Sams Club is selling one of these. Included is a VESA to component connector and also a 76 inch 16:9 pulldown screen. All this for $1260.00 approximately. The screen looks a little grayish in tint and has the logo Infocus on the metal bar. Looks very nice and operation is good/smooth. Has black borders on all sides. And the unit that they have is the Screenplay 4800 which I think is the non commercial version of the X1.
    So my question is, do you think this is a good deal? Of course I don't know if I'll see the rainbows notorious of single wheel DLPs? What do you think guys?

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

the deal seems pretty good. you are really paying the extra 260$ for the screen. if you want the screen than it seems good. you know they sale the x1 for 1g but it doesn't come with the component cable. you want the grey contrast screen. keeps us updated.[​IMG]

3. arman-m

arman-m Auditioning

I just bought one yesterday FROM SAM'S CLUB I have never owned a big screen tv before.....I DISCOVERED THE FRONT PROJECTORS ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO..I COULDN'T WAIT FOR UPCOMING 4805 ,SO I PULLED THE TRIGGER...

I'M VERY HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE PAID $1236 INCLUDED. SCREEN and HDTV CABLES..

STANDART ANALOG CABLE LOOKS GOOD I EXPECTED GRAINY PICTURE BUT IT IS NOT BAD..

DVD VIA S-VIDEO CABLE IS GREAT. I GUESS WHEN I GET MY PROGRESSIVE SCAN DVD PLAYER, IT WILL BE SUPER...

I SEE THE RAINBOWS IN MOVIES WITH DARK SCENES... WATCH 3 MOVIES, 2 PEOPLE NEXT TO ME DIDN'T NOTICE THEM....

I STARTED SEEING THEM 'CAUSE I WAS LOOKING FOR THEM ..I THINK THEY WILL GO AWAY AFTERAWHILE......

NOISE LEVEL IS NOT THAT BAD. 4800 IS AS LOUD AS A PC..
    I MOSTLY WATCH TV LATE NIGHT HAVE A POWERFUL SURROUND SYSTEM BUT CAN'T TURN THE VOLUME UP MUCH. PROJECTOR IS ONE FT AWAY FROM ME PLACED ON COFFEE TABLE, EVEN LATE NIGHT IT IS NOT THAT LOUD.

HAPPY WITH FREE SCREEN. IT IS PULL DOWN WIDESCREEN WITH INFOCUS LOGO ON IT.. I MEASURED IT 66X38>. 76 DIOGONAL..PEOPLE SAID YOU GET THIS WEIRD REFLECTION, BECAUSE IT IS NOT MATTE,BUT DIDN'T NOTICE ANY REFLECTION....

BEFORE BUYING THE 4800,I JUST WANTED IT TO BE COMPETE WITH NON-DLP,NON-LCD REAR PROJECTION CRT TV. I DIDN'T WANNA PAY $1800 - $2300.. NOW,I GOT 76" WIDESCREEN BEAUTY IN MY LIVING ROOM THAT LOOKS LIKE PLASMA TV WHEN YOU FIRST ENTER...... MY FRIENDS AND MY FAMILY HAVE CRT REAR PROJECTIONS, CRTS HAVE BETTER CONTRAST AND BRIGHTNESS THAN 4800...

CLUB HAS GREAT RETURN/EXCHANGE POLICY IN CASE 4805 TURNS OUT BETTER THAN 4800.... FOR NOW.. GO FOR 4800....

BY THE WAY CAPS LOCK GOT STUCKKKKK!!!!!

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Uhm would you please STOP YELLING!

Caps lock musta got stucl

Brent