Sampson Amp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew*S, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Matthew*S

Matthew*S Auditioning

First time poster....I am about to purchase a 16-46CS+ SVS sub from a friend. Need suggestions on what amp to buy. Right now I am looking at getting the Sampson s-700 from the SVS site for 389$. This is about as high as I can afford to spend right now because I am about to upgrade both my receiver and all my speakers. Any suggestions on another amp or where to buy this amp for cheaper?

2. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

There are some other amps with similar power and price but most of them are very noisy. SVS chose the Samson because it is quiet and good watts/$$$ ratio.

3. Walt Meger

Walt Meger Auditioning

I purchased a B stock Samson S1500 from americanmusical.com for $379. It works great with my DIY Stryke HE15.2

4. Frank Frandsen

Frank Frandsen Stunt Coordinator

5. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

I would suggest the samson s1000 for a cs+. The 700 just does not have enough power to justify a cs+. You should look on ebay. I found a brand new one for 300 shipped! Just a suggestion.

-B

6. CarlV

CarlV Stunt Coordinator

7. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

I just checked ebay for you you can "buy it now" a brand new s1000 for 339$. Thats a steal!! Just a little FYI

Enjoy!!

-B

8. Matthew*S

Matthew*S Auditioning

Thanks for the info everybody.....Brian where did you find that on EBay, I can not seem to locate it.

9. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    If you can isolate the amp a little bit to help cut down the fan noise look for a crown, QSC, or crest amp. All are pro audio amps just like the samson, but all are of higher quality than the samson. The fan is a little louder though. However it may or may not bother you at all. I have a Crown CE1000 and while the fan is noticable, its not bothersome at all and its even in the open. If you had it behind a glass door you probably won't be able to hear it at all. My Crown cost me $399 at a local Guitar Center.