sammy or panny?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ernest DeLaCruz, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Ernest DeLaCruz

Ernest DeLaCruz Auditioning

Hi all--I am excruciatingly torn between the panny pt50lc13 and the sammy 50 inch dlp--(model # is hln....) I have seen both and honestly do not see much difference in picture. My question therefore is- is there any compelling reasons why I should buy one over the other---price not being an issue.. thanks in advance for your responses.

2. John S

John S Producer

Flip a coin....

Nothing sets the two apart for you?

Remote?, User Menus? Picture Controls?, Features? Inputs?

Hard for me to imagine two sets could come out exactly even for me on all that, unless they were essentially the same set.

3. Thurman

Thurman Auditioning

Ok here is what i seen.

In Best Buy the Sammy DLP looks like a better picture than the Panasonic. I myself got the Panasonic because its like 1000 cheaper at the time and i read good reviews about it.
    My friend recently purchased the Sammy due to the Panasonic being on back order. We both have Digital Cable with HDTV converter from Comcast. no difference in picture except on regular SDTV channels his looks more grainy. Now comes the Xbox which we both use as our DVD players. Games look fuzzy on the Samsung when things move fast on the screen. DVDs look same on both. The only thing is the fan in my TV is bad and it makes a noise and it needs to be replaced. Other than that i think the Panny is the way to go. Plus 4 components for Pan as to 3 for Samsung and one doesnt support 4801. Weird.

4. Ernest DeLaCruz

Ernest DeLaCruz Auditioning

thanks for your helpful input.

5. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

I just ordered the Samsung 43". Haven't received it yet but hopefully it will be nice. I, too, saw it in Best Buy and thought it looked awesome compared to everything else.