What's new

sammy dlp xbox component hookup problem (1 Viewer)

mike jau

Auditioning
hi i recently bought an xbox and got the component cables for it and im hooking it up threw the component 2 or 3 inputs which are auto sensing for 480p, 720p, and 1080i. and the only way i can get it to work is by using component 1 which only accepts 480i, and 480p signals when the xbox is set to 480p. but being as though the nature of my screen is 1280x720 seeing that format streched makes all the borders on graphics look like a saw blade butstill though the color is better than with composite cables. so basicly all im trying to find out is what do i need to do to fix this i mean im sure theres other owners of this tv that own an xbox and have had similar problems or perhaps found a solution and o ya my tv is the hln seris dlps 43 inch and thanks in advance

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
You need to get the Xbox High Definition AV pack for the Xbox to output High Def 720p. It will only output it with compatible games though.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Yeah, you have to have a 720p game and the add-on pack to get 720 from your XBox. Otherwise, like me, you use Component 1. I didn't see that as a problem, though, cause I thought that was just the way it was. Set your XBox to 16:9 and 5.1 and you're ready to go.

Anyhoo, playing XBox on 56" of DLP is a kick in the pants!

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Shane, ya don't like it or ya do? I'm upgrading to a 90+ inch screen...hope the xbox looks good:)

mike jau

Auditioning
ok first of all thank you for your replys but lets take the matrix for example from whaat im told it works in all 4 modes, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i. now on the back of the box for the game it says 1080i HDTV. so when i take the xbox componet cables and plug them into component 2 which like i said is 1080i,720p, and 480p auto sensing all i get is a static signal. so i went into the xbox and turn on only one of the hi def res options such a 1080i and turned off the other 2 on the xbox and set it to 16:9 and i get static and same with the other 2 but when i set it to 480p and use component 1 its works and the color is tremendiously better but like its choppy and i dont understand how the dlps are better than say a comparable lcd projection tv that can do all picture formats. basically all im getting at here is i wanna experiance hi def xbox in my house and i know this tv should be able to do it or there some way to mod the xbox to make it work........thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks