What's new

same problem with Snow White dvd as with Dinosaur special edition disc2 (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
When I played the mine car game, each time the mirror or witch says something the audio starts, drops out and comes back within the first second. I also had the same problem with most of the bonus features on Dinosaur CE disc 2. I own a Sony DVP-S530D. My friend however had no problems with the Dinosaur disc on his PS2. I'm starting to think this may be my players problem, causing the month's I've waited for the Dinosaur replacement disc to be a complete waste. Has anyone else had the same problem on the Snow White disc? Any thoughts on whether I should be calling Disney or Sony? Aside from a bizarre layer change on Tomorrow Never Dies, these are the only two discs I've ever had a problem with on my Sony. Luckily, the movie Dinosaur plays fine and what I've watched of Snow White has been fine too.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
It also sounds like one of the abandoned concepts features may have the beginning of the audio cut off too but its hard to tell because it doesn't start, drop out, and start again like the audio on the mine train game. I know I can't be the only one who has noticed this!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
When you have so many DVD-ROM's with various software and so many home DVD players with various firmware versions, you are bound to find one or two in the bunch that doesn't play a particular movie correctly.
As for me, I can not play the "Dinosaur" DVD at all on my PC but plays fine in my Toshiba home system. "Snow White" on the other hand plays fine in my PC. I do have an occasional problem where when a special feature plays out and returns to the menu, the menu is black and you can only see the highlight around the buttons. Happens on more than just Disney DVD's.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, Disney DVD's seem to have more menu problems with players than other companies. Their earlier discs didn't have these problems though, as far as I know...
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks