What's new

Samba De Amigo Maracas... Found... (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I posted a while ago about how I was looking for a second set of official Sega Maracas from somewhere other than eBay... Well, found them & they arrived this morning.
I got them from Link Removed for $90 before shipping - that's a $10 mark-up on the RRP, which is not too bad considering nowhere else I've been to has them for under $100. Shipping is a flat $6 too.
They've got a good reputation from what I've seen, and this order was shipped promptly. Thought I'd pass on the info...
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update Brian.
Still more than I'm willing to pay, however. I've been stung by defective $30 maracas (found on ebay).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I've had zero problems with my 'official' maracas, and they've been worth every penny so far. $10 mark-up isn't /too/ bad considering the prices they go for on eBay.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
BrianB, you = god!
Thank you, thank you. Been telling people that for years, they didn't believe me
wink.gif

My order for the maracas & an Uno controller arrived safe & sound. No hassles whatseoever - nice big UPS box with lots & lots of packing peanuts :)
Their stocklist is updated pretty darn quickly - I was looking at it in the middle of the day, updated & a game I was after was out. Bah. The Twinsticks /were/ out of stock - so if they're in, grab 'em while you can.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Tom Oh

Second Unit
Samba Samba! official Sega maracas are only way to play Samba De Amigo. Congrats! BTW, I tried Samba De Amigo at the arcades thinking I would be pretty good. I ended up with C. Arcade maracas were much heavier and difficult to operate. The same goes for Guitar Freaks which is also pretty awesome on PS with a guitar controller. It is pretty funny to see people with maracas and platic guitar.
------------------

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
One thing to note, guys. These are the Japanese official Maracas... They work perfectly fine with my US Dreamcast & US game, as well as my Japanese Samba 2000.
We played with them for a good couple of hours over the weekend - two player with my US official maracas, with zero problems whatsoever.
The love compatibility mode in Samba 2000 rocks :)
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks