Sam Goody Replay card?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 24, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Once again, I was given the sales pitch, but this time I was also given a pamphlet to read. It's an interesting theory, but is it worth signing up for?
    At least if I signed up, I won't have to hear the sales pitch again [​IMG]. But I put up with it since this lady seemed to know her store well, and even told me about upcoming releases for the DVD series I was buying without me having to ask...

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Last time I went to Sam Goody's was when "Terminator 2" was released on DVD. They wanted $39.99 for it, while most other stores charged around $20. I never went back. Are they better now?

The Replay card only costs you $3 after the $5 gift card you get, so it seems like a decent deal if you shop there a lot. I have a similar thing from Best Buy, I think it's called a Zone card or something, which I use quite a bit. I got it for free though.

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

It's too bad that the Zone card is only in CA and AZ. I could see myself using it A LOT. Heck, I could probably afford a 65" HDTV by now if that card was around 5 years ago [​IMG]

4. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I have a Replay card and I like it well enough, though I only use it as Suncoast. While their movies are generally overpriced, they do have a good anime section. About half of what I buy is anime and if I can't find it locally somewhere else, I'll get it at Suncoast. The card was $8, I got $5 back almost immediately, and for the year I've had the card I've gotten back another $80 or so. I mostly wait till they have triple points weekend and then buy a high priced item such as a hard to find box set. Obviously, they are paying you a little bit to track your spending habits. At least they send me flyers in the mail recommending things I'd actually buy, so they have gotten to know me pretty well.

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

$80's huh? That would certainly help in buying those expensive Star Trek Box sets, and the less expensive Simpson discs.... Me thinks I'm going to have to sign up for this thing next time I'm there...

I usually buy at least three DVD's a month from 'em, since they are the closest/easiest to get to store.

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

If you have a Media Play and a Suncoast nearby, the card is definitely useful. I hit up Media Play for books and an occasional DVD. Suncoast I hit up for anime, and the once or twice I have bought a box set (my g/f used my spare card and got me points for the $120 box set of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight).

If you have a Media Play to work with, it's useful because it's almost like having a Waldenbooks card, a videogame card, and a movie card in one.