Salary Range @ Blockbuster Question

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by John Berggren, Jan 12, 2005.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm presently unemployed and attending school for digital filmmaking. As my unemployment has run out, I'm taking new options into account for work.

I've applied to be a Shift Leader or Assistant Manager at Blockbuster Video. If anyone here has experience or knowledge about possible pay rates, please let me know either here or in a private message.

As I've been in IT for the last 10 years, I'm used to making dramatically more than what Blockbuster is likely to offer me. I neither want to ask for so much that they won't consider me, nor ask for too little and selling myself short.

Does anyone have any information?

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Why Blockbuster?

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Because they are hiring.

4. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

That's a good answer. Going to University next year, I'm going to have to find a job soon as well. The only thing I think would be wrong with blockbuster would be the late hours and stat holidays that you have to work. Perhaps if you get the job as assistant manager, though, you wont be working those hours.

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

My friend was an AM at a Blockbuster in Canada and he only got what ended up to be $8.00. I don't know what it would be in US because this was about four years ago.

Blockbuster doesn't pay much. If you want to work at a video store, try finding other companies.

And I also hear they(head office) treats their employees like crap.