What's new

Saku Koivu is back baby!! (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
WOW!! That was an amazing standing ovation he received for his first game back since his battle with cancer. The ovation even continued during the National Anthem and picked up again when the starting lineup was announced. :)
It's great to have him back.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
It's awesome that he's back. It's always good to see someone battle cancer and win.
Of course, if his Canadians play the Bruins in the first round of the playoffs his winning days are over for a while. ;)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, that was awesome... :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
So is he like completely out of the woods now? Just wondering... :)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Of course, if his Canadians play the Bruins in the first round of the playoffs his winning days are over for a while.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, Jim! Anything can happen in the playoffs. As any hockey fan will tell you, the team with the best goalie usually wins, and even more so in the playoffs. Montreal has the best goalie in the league right now. :)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Even given the possible chance of a second round matchup between Montreal and Philly, this Flyers fan is thrilled to see Koivu back and (presumably) healthy.
A great story. :emoji_thumbsup:
Evan

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is one of the best sports stories in quite a while, and I'm not just saying that as a huge Habs fan. Saku can be a big inspiration to others battling cancer. It sounds like the Montreal crowd gave him a wonderful reception. Unfortunately, Canadiens games are not easily seen in this area. I was fortunate enough to see the reception he received at the home opener last fall -- that was also quite emotional.
It will be nice to see the Canadiens in the playoffs again. Theodore has carried this team all season, and really deserves the Vezina Trophy.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
The Habs just took care of Ottawa, 4-3. Looks they locked up their return to the playoffs tonight. Nice to see my team actually be competetive after so many years of stinking up the ice. Way to go Saku, welcome back :emoji_thumbsup:
Scott, I subscribe to the Center Ice package on DirecTv so I can catch most of the Habs games.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark,

I've considered adding Center Ice, but I cannot stand giving evil Comcast any more of my money than I already do (they offer it through their digital cable service). A dish does not work well for our situation -- six TV's on three floors attached to cable, and cable modem Internet access.

I listen to many of the Habs games over the Internet. They can all be heard through links on NHL.com.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
A dish does not work well for our situation -- six TV's on three floors attached to cable, and cable modem Internet access.
That would get a little expensive to buy that many receivers, plus the additional $4.95 per month per receiver would add up fast. You probably have access to channel 9 which at least gives you some variety.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You probably have access to channel 9 which at least gives you some variety.
Yes. CBC has great NHL coverage. Unfortunately, the CBC affiliate in Windsor usually shows the Toronto games. I remember the good ole days when CBC had a national game each Saturday, instead of their current regional game format. More often than not it would end up being the Canadiens on Channel 9. Sigh.

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah ....Great to see Saku back. :) The standing ovation was well deserved and probably the longest one I ever heard.
GO HABS GO !!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks