Sailor Moon

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Josh_HI, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

I just bought Sailor Moon Season 1 boxset & Season 2 boxset. They are awesome!The boxes are so cool and everything is perfect.If you have been wanting this set, I suggest you get it now because they are not making them anymore.In fact by the end of 2004 ALL of the Sailor Moon dvds will be Out Of Print.So get them while you can.Also TvShowsOnDvd is missing 1 volume of Sm in there system. There is a Pegasus Collection Volume 7.Just thought I'd let them know.Has anyone else bought these sets?[​IMG]

2. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

I just bought Sailor Moon Season 1 boxset & Season 2 boxset. They are awesome!The boxes are so cool and everything is perfect.If you have been wanting this set, I suggest you get it now because they are not making them anymore.In fact by the end of 2004 ALL of the Sailor Moon dvds will be Out Of Print.So get them while you can.Also TvShowsOnDvd is missing 1 volume of Sm in there system. There is a Pegasus Collection Volume 7.Just thought I'd let them know.Has anyone else bought these sets?[​IMG]

3. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    I've never been able to find Sailor Moon season box sets that were in English. Did you get the Japanese language version? If you did get an English version would you let me know where you got it and the full title. Thanks (My duaghter will be forever grateful!)

4. Al.Anderson

Al
    I've never been able to find Sailor Moon season box sets that were in English. Did you get the Japanese language version? If you did get an English version would you let me know where you got it and the full title. Thanks (My duaghter will be forever grateful!)

5. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

No the sets I have are original uncut Japanese. But they do have the complete SM & SMR series in english in separate discs.
    Here is the link

Just go there and it has all 14 volumes for sale.Or you could buy the oringal Japanese box sets that are $100.00 off.Great SALE![​IMG]

6. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

No the sets I have are original uncut Japanese. But they do have the complete SM & SMR series in english in separate discs.
    Here is the link

Just go there and it has all 14 volumes for sale.Or you could buy the oringal Japanese box sets that are $100.00 off.Great SALE![​IMG]

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

You should be able to find the individual English versions of seasons one and two for under $10US each. dvdsoon.com has them for $13.98CAN shipped (worldwide), with the Japanese versions for $100CAN shipped.

The Japanese version is missing one episode on season two, and has a couple of other minor issues, but still looks pretty good.

8. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

You should be able to find the individual English versions of seasons one and two for under $10US each. dvdsoon.com has them for $13.98CAN shipped (worldwide), with the Japanese versions for $100CAN shipped.

The Japanese version is missing one episode on season two, and has a couple of other minor issues, but still looks pretty good.

9. Al.Anderson

Al
    Thanks guys! I'll just have to accept the fact that my Google skills aren't that good - the sites I usually buy from didn't have such diversity. Now I'll let my daughter scan through the available selections. Appreciate it!

10. Al.Anderson

Al
    Thanks guys! I'll just have to accept the fact that my Google skills aren't that good - the sites I usually buy from didn't have such diversity. Now I'll let my daughter scan through the available selections. Appreciate it!

11. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory

There are some English speaking box sets of later season coming out this summer:

Sailor Moon the TV Series “S” Thin-Pack DVD Box Set
    All 38 uncut episodes (865 minutes total)of this cartoon network aired series is presented over 6 discs (in thin pack like Family Guy and Futurama had)for SRP 99.98 to be released on July 6, 2004.

&

Sailor Moon TV "SuperS" DVD BOX Set - Thin-Pack

Features 39 uncut episodes over 7 discs for 900 minutes of entertainment for SRP 99.98 this August 3, 2004. This too is in the thin pack that is becoming more popular.

12. Tory

Tory

There are some English speaking box sets of later season coming out this summer:

Sailor Moon the TV Series “S” Thin-Pack DVD Box Set
    All 38 uncut episodes (865 minutes total)of this cartoon network aired series is presented over 6 discs (in thin pack like Family Guy and Futurama had)for SRP 99.98 to be released on July 6, 2004.

&

Sailor Moon TV "SuperS" DVD BOX Set - Thin-Pack

Features 39 uncut episodes over 7 discs for 900 minutes of entertainment for SRP 99.98 this August 3, 2004. This too is in the thin pack that is becoming more popular.

13. david_slater

david_slater Stunt Coordinator

iv been thinking about the Thin-Pack myself.
    i have all the single dvd's but take up a lot of space for dvd's. [​IMG]
    with all the shows i have i need all the space i can get.

14. david_slater

david_slater Stunt Coordinator

iv been thinking about the Thin-Pack myself.
    i have all the single dvd's but take up a lot of space for dvd's. [​IMG]
    with all the shows i have i need all the space i can get.

15. Al.Anderson

Al
    Even more good info - thanks! (I love the thin cases for these kind of sets too. As far as I'm concerned, anything that comes with more than 2 DVDs should com in the thin packs.)

16. Al.Anderson

Al
    Even more good info - thanks! (I love the thin cases for these kind of sets too. As far as I'm concerned, anything that comes with more than 2 DVDs should com in the thin packs.)

17. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

Why would ANYONE want to see Sailor Moon in ENGLISH? The original language for the show is Japanese. That's why they invented SUBTITLES!

I own the first 4 seaons of Sailor Moon on DVD, all uncut, and all in Japanese. :)

18. Tory

Tory

I understand your point, but some can't speak it and think just because it is a cartoon, voice can be changed...

Those interested in English also have kids that watched it on TV or watched it on TV themself and want that presentation that they liked. It doesn't hurt to have the English language track on it.

19. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

Yeah, you're right. We should always have dubbed tracks on foreign TV shows, or movies, so that people don't have to read subtitles. And of course, we should have P&S versions of widescreen movies on DVDs as well, so that people who don't own widescreen sets, won't have to see black bars on their TVs. We also must have colorized versions of black & white classics, so that people with color TVs don't have to suffer watching something in black & white. [​IMG]

This wasn't meant as a personal attack to you, Tory.

I'm just simply wondering why on earth people don't want to watch something the way it was MEANT to be seen? It wouldn't "hurt" them to watch the TV show or movie, the way it was MEANT to be seen.

20. Tory

Tory
    Being it aired in the US on TV geared for kids with a translation, people want that presentation. The person asking for it in English was asking for his daughter and I would guess she is of the younger set, and even if not they are probably not the hardcore Anime collector types. The recent box sets are geared for the hardcore while the single individual releases were geared for the average TV fan. In this case you got the better deal for your money.

This is the original presentation chosen for viewing in the US. This is how people know it in the mass. This is how it became POPular here. Do not discredit the wonderful talent of the translators and voice actors attempt to make the show viewable and accessible to a wide margin of English speaking audiences given the culture gap.

Now I prefer the original language of everything I watch, but I also like to hear the English translation in Anime as well as read the subtitles. Many times they differ greatly and sometimes the English dub can be closer than the subtitle. Just because one has the option for an English track on this series does not mean that it would be the sole use for viewing, it can be used as a tool of comparison and learning.