What's new

Safety of center speaker TV stands on shallow TVs? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'm certain there are other treads regarding this topic, but the search function seems to get stuck in a loop when I use it.

I just ordered a Sony 50" SXRD TV (KDS50A2000). I'm going to need a place to put my Polk Audio CS300 center channel speaker. I'd like to keep it on top of the TV if possible, so I've been looking at buying this.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...7&catid=21248#

Are these safe for the TV? My only other option is to put the speaker on the lower shelf of the TV stand. I'm worried that would sound strange.

All comments and advice are greatly appreciated.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have the 55" version of the SXRD you are purchasing and I put my center channel on a shelf below the TV. I suggest you try it there before you buy anything to put on top of your TV. I really have not noticed that much difference with the center speaker below the TV.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I have a 72" Toshiba DLP and I also put my center speaker on a shelf below the TV. It sounds great. I liked that option much better than the shelf on top of the TV.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I guess my worry is that the speaker will be on the bottom shelf, placing the speaker nearly a foot away from the screen. Also, I'm only 7' from the TV and there are two small ottomans on the floor. You can see a pic at the following URL.

http://goldensdomain.com/myplace/sli...ng%20Room.html

I'm wondering if the sound might be affected by the ottomans. I'd obviously angle the speaker upwards, but it may still be partially blocked. I guess the only way to know is to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks