What's new

Safest Way to Pack a box of DVDs for checked in baggage or shipping (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I am visiting Canada where I lived for 3 years and am collecting my DVD collection I accumulated whilst here. I need to ship it back to England or I may check it in on the plane. What is the safest way to pack the dvds. Should I take out all the discs and have them in a folder and then pack a box with the empty cases. whats the best way to stop them getting cracked etc.

Please help

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I don't know if this will help, but whenever I pack or ship DVDs, I always fold a sheet of paper towel in quarters and put it in the case. I then tape the case shut ... just a couple short pieces of tape. I've never had a problem when I've done that. (Of course, always make sure that the DVD is securely clicked onto the DVD case holder.) I've also had people from whom I've bought DVDs or Blu-Rays do the same thing.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I import one-off all the time and they arrive in...

Jiffy mailer
Box with a cardboard sleeve
Manila envelope

None, ever, show up "cracked". Loose and floating occasionally, sure.

Throw them in the suitcase with some wrap(be it foam wrap...or clothes) or box up the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks