What's new

Safe distance for speakers that aren't shielded? (1 Viewer)

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be picking up a pair of B&W DM303s very soon and will be using them as mains for about three months. Eventually they'll be used as surrounds and better speakers placed up front, but for now I'll have to deal with the fact that the DM303s aren't magnetically shielded. The way this room is set up is very strange and by moving the speaker away from the TV I end up moving it closer to a computer monitor, so I was wondering what a safe distance is to keep the speakers from my TV/monitor?

(just to give you an idea of how close things are right now the left speaker is about three feet from the TV and not near any monitors. the right speaker is also about three feet from the TV, but barely 6 inches from my computer monitor)

JayDaniel

Stunt Coordinator
Usually 1 - 2 feet is enough. Just try it out. The speakers won't harm your tv. If you see discoloration/rainbow, just move them further away from your set. You may have to turn the set off/on to remove the discoloration, but no permanent harm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks