What's new

Safari Right-Click Very Slow (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I'm browsing an HTF forum and I right-click a thread it can take over 5 seconds or more for the right-click menu to show up. Often I get the wait circle and than I'll wait for than 10 seconds. This had been going on for months. I went to another forum and it worked perfectly and I thought this is an HTF bug. I than went to HTF and the bug was still happening. I went back to the other forum and the bug happened there two, so it seems likely this is not an HTF bug.

Today I upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.5 and the bug is still there. No improvement.

This seems to be limited to right-click which I use a lot on threads. If I just click on a thread it goes to it immediately.

I have a late 2014 27-inch, 4 ghz intel core i7 and 32 gb of memory.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I got it fixed. I lugged (jeez, it's heavy) my Mac into the Apple Store. First thing the apple tech did (after confirming the problem still existed) was to boot up my Mac on their OS on their network. The problem was gone, which proved the slow right-click was unique to my Mac.

Then he went into activity monitor and noted that a process named pkd was using a lot of the cpu resources. A google search showed that was related to plugins. We noted that I had a Safari plugin named WOT. This is a safe browsing plugin which I had been using for a long time. It's not a recent install. Once that was removed from Safari, right-click was normal.

I'm not sure why WOT turned into such a turkey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks