What's new

Sad, sad news regarding Charles Bronson (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
You sort of know that they aren't doing those classic roles anymore, but somehow with them still living it feels like they could step in with one more great moment.
Bronson had a small, but good role, in Sean Penn's The Indian Runner.

GregK

Screenwriter
One of my favorite films is House of Wax (1953) featuring a very young Charles Buchinsky (Bronson).

I think his various films have kept him younger than his actual age in the eyes the majority of the public. In any case, it is sad news indeed.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Very sad news indead. This has not been a good year for hollywood. I loved him in Telefon, Deahwish I and The Evil That Men Do......

Very sad indead...... :frowning:

R~

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Love and Bullets: saw this at 13 or so on HBO and loved it (and him). God Bless him and his family. Thanks for some great movies!

EricTengren

Auditioning
not enough attention was paid to the tragic news of Charles Bronson about to die. I love a lot of his films.{sure he made a lot of lousy ones.}but I would like to list a few of his cool ones. House of wax, crime wave,Valachi Papers,Hard Times,The Great Escape,MR Majestyk, Once Upon A Time in the West,the Dirty Dozen,Death Wish,the Stone Killer,rider on the rain, and The Indian Runner. check out these films and remember that they dont have guys like this in the movies anymore.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
This is sad and like Cees, he has been on my mind with the Once Upon a Time in the West dvd coming. I too will pay tribute.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Any more news on this. Let's not forget him in such movies as "10 to Midnight" and "The Mechanic." Great films, both.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
truly sad news indeed and all the more reason to go out and buy Once Upon A Time in the West and The Great Escape

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Is this for real? The only place I heard about it was on the cover of one of those "Tell-all" tabloids while standing in line at the supermarket yesterday. With their track records he may well be on some beach with a beautiful young lady on his arm and a phone in his hand calling his lawyer to sue the paper for $50 million. At least I hope so.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

The original source that I cited certainly seems a credible publication, but here's another mention from Aug. 18th's San Francisco Examiner :

"Charles Bronson's doctors told his family that the actor could go at any time. Bronson, who has Alzheimer's, suffered serious organ failure earlier this month and has been in the hospital since. His docs say he has days to live so Bronson's wife Kim is reportedly making arrangements to take him home. Bronson told Kim he wanted to die at home."

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:

It sure feels like we have lost more great actors in the last year than in recent memory.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
This is very sad news. Bronson is a movie icon, no question about it. He's great in Once Upon A Time In The West - he does so much with such a inward role. Great film.

He maybe got typecast after Death Wish, which I feel was a shame, as I think he was a strong actor who could handle diverse roles.

I hope he is not in any pain.

God bless you, Chuck. :)

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks