What's new

sad sad day.. Raw 2 (1 Viewer)

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
i was much hyped about Raw 2 on xbox. after buying this today and playing it tonight i must say the gameplay almost as bad as the first game. granted the game itself looks amazing.. the computer A.I is the worst i've seen in wrestling games. i will play for a few more days before i give a final count, but i believe this one is going on ebay.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I had this in my hand and was ready to buy it, but I couldn't shake off how horrible Raw was. I asked the gal at EB if she'd heard anything about it yet, and said one guy said he liked it, hadn't heard anything negative, but hadn't sold a lot of copies.

Given that you thought Raw was garbage (as did I) I'll go with your review and bet on it being pretty crappy. I know a lot of fans don't like the Smackdown games for being too arcade, but I atleast have a good time with them. (Although I personally preferred Warzone and Attitude at the time.) I bought Def Jam and enjoyed it to a certain extent, but it didn't have the "charm" so to speak, I like wrestling with the characters I watch on TV... oh well.

I haven't seen much info on the new Smackdown (coming out in October), I just know I want blood - blood - blood. And body specific damage, I want to gimp around if my leg hurts, I want to cradle my arm if it's been wrenched on for 5 minutes. That stuff would make the game even more fun. (And RETRO costumes like the MLB games! I want Undertaker in his old getup. Hell, you can throw in Billy Gunn and Bradshaw as the Smoking Guns -- if you really wanted too :), the Rock as Rocky Miavia with Rocky sucks chants, the Nation of Domination, they could have a lot of fun with it -- toss a Stunning Steve Austin with hair from his WCW days!) I could rant forever....

Doug

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I have to disagree guys - this game is VERY different from Raw 1.

Control is back to being close to the old N64 games. It is easy to pick up and play however difficult to win.

The season mode is awesome! Being able to interfere in you nemesis's matches is very fun...

Doug, if you want all of those wrestlers in the game - simply make them...clone Austin and give him hair :)

Anyways, I think I got my money's worth here - and BTW, I hated Raw 1.

James T

Screenwriter
I tried it out briefly and like it. I'm gonna steal Romier's idea and input my favourite wrestler in the game, Bret Hart.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I've been having fun with this also. The interface is clunky but workable. One change from Raw 1 that I don't like is how interferences during the ring entrances is now a cut-scene rather than a true beginning of the match - it's weak.

The only other gripe I have is that it usually takes multiple finishers to put down the AI. Nothing like having The Hurricane kick out of an F-5 to make my blood boil. However, I've been messing around on Easy mode just to get everything down so hopefully when I ramp up the challenge this will go away.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
well i've given the game a chance and i may have to change what i said from my first post.. the A.I is still horrid, but the gameplay takes some getting used to. i've played for a couple of days now and i've changed my mind. i will not put this one on ebay. i sat down and messed around with the season mode last night and became addicted to it. it really is alot of fun. i've heard some relate this game to dead or alive beach volleyball in that it feels like there should be alot more to it, but i have my fingers crossed that THQ has a few hidden characters remaining in the game. i'm no longer sorry i bought it, but i can totally see how "rent before buy" would be a good idea with this.

edit:
gamespot's review hit alot of nails on the head. although i think at this point i wouldn't rate it as low as they did. 6.9
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/...on/review.html

JamesH

Supporting Actor
How "hardcore" can you get? I must know if you can do the following things:

1. Stack multiple tables
2. Put a ladder on top of tables
3. Do a suplex or other move off an in-ring ladder to a ringside table
4. Use tables/ladders/chairs in hell in the cell matches

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Can we change the thread title? Since the thread starter changed his mind, mabye the tile should read: "WWE Raw 2 - Discussion Thread"

Just a thought, since the consencous is that it's not THAT bad of a game...

James T

Screenwriter
1. Stack multiple tables
2. Put a ladder on top of tables
3. Do a suplex or other move off an in-ring ladder to a ringside table
4. Use tables/ladders/chairs in hell in the cell matches
Not sure about all that. What I did notice is that if you fight on top of the hell in the cell and the cage takes a lot of damage, it'll collapse(Mankind/Undertaker). It was fun giving Kurt Angle the F-5 and fall through the cage.

Ladder matches, I've noticed that if both of you grab the belt, you can't hit each other. It just says tap any button...so it appears that the first person to the belt is really the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks