What's new

SACD's that aren't changer friendly (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I keep rnning into Sony SACD's that don't default to stereo correctly. This is when you have your (So-knee :angry: ) player set to default to stereo automatically via menu choice. The problem could work the other way too, but I haven't tried it? So, you see, if you have a changer these discs are no good for continuous or random play since you have to hit stop and then hit the MULTI/2CH button to switch to the stereo SACD program. It's awful annoying to get 2 of the 5 channels!

I've yet to see a non-Sony disc exibit this behavior. Here's 3 discs to start the list:

Vivian Green's A LOVE STORY
Mary Chapin Carpenter's TIME * SEX * LOVE
James Taylor's JT

I know I have atleast one other Sony title thusly afflicted but at the moment I can't remember which one it is...? The Vivian Greene disc is a rather recent release, which demonstrates a pattern of sloppiness and a continuation of the same mistakes to me.:angry: It's rather disconcerting that bleedin' So-knee can't get SACD right!

Anybody see a non-Sony disc exibit this?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I did not expect to be the first respondent to my own thread, but I just put ZTT's Frankie Goes To Hollywood's RAGE HARD-THE SONIC COLLECTION in for the first time and I found a new offender.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Craig, I use the 555ES and 775. The power went out here and evidently the 775 didn't retain it's setting. Apparntly, I'm gonna have to reset it after every outage. I'll have to check the 555 and see if it held it's M/C lock. Frankie Goes To Hollywood is now behaving properly. I'll recheck the Vivian Greene but I'm listening to the new Chick Corea set presently.:crazy: :)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I have noticed this as well Rachael when I place James Taylor JT into the player. All ready for an extended listening session in my Sony 222ES, and then the music stops. Of course it is a Sony disc in a Sony player so compatibility is optional :rolleyes

J

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I have not noticed such problems on my 'C555ES changers. I'll throw the time*sex*love* and JT SACDs in one of them in a bit and post the results. Both of my changers are set to default to the stereo SACD track. I've played these SACDs in the 'C555ES before, but I'll do it again.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Keith, I'm gonna recheck TIME * SEX * LOVE too. I haven't had it all that long. My area has been battered with rain and storms in the past month. I've has quite a few outages. JT is well-known for this. I returnded mine for that and a bad spot on the disc. I never have rebought it. Best wishes!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks