SACDs/DVD-Audio from MadHouseDiscs.com?

Discussion in 'Music' started by David_Bell, Feb 21, 2004.

1. David_Bell

David_Bell Auditioning

Hi, a longtime lurker/SACD fan breaking the silence to ask a quick question. Have any of you ordered from madhousediscs.com? I came across it through a Google ad and they happen to have some good deals on hi-res. i.e. Pet Sounds DVD-A for $20.48, Zappa Halloween DVD-A for $16.38, Police SACDs for $13.10...

It seems like a semi-questionable site but I imagine it would be fine as long as you were willing to wait (weeks?) for backordered discs to come through. While we're at it, are there any other obscure sites with good deals out there? I placed a pretty large order of SACDs on CircuitCity.com last year which worked out fine although, as hinted at above, it did take several weeks for all the backordered items to be shipped out.

Thanks for any input on this topic.

--David

2. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    www.cdbaby.com has the Suitcase Pimps LOVE IS GRAND hybrid and several other indies SA-CD's.

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    When stuff 1st comes out - www.cheap-cds.com usually has decent prices and availability. After that, one is better off at a site that will stock more older stuff.

5. David_Bell

David_Bell Auditioning

Thanks, I'll have to check those out. I did order from deepdiscount once and it worked out fine. They don't seem to have many SACDs but there are definitely some good deals to be had once I realized all the DVD-As are stuck in their DVD-video site.

BTW, I'm not sure I can get used to this "SA-CD" hyphenation business. I think I remember someone on this forum deciding to call them "sack-dees" and that holds a certain charm.

--David