sacd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by john lewis, Jul 1, 2002.

1. john lewis

john lewis Auditioning

Hi, Which is a better audio deal? dvd feature not really mportant audio my priority.
    sony
    dvp-nc650v $249
    sony- 775 $179
    dvp-ns500 $179
    Any other ideas welcomed i want to check out sacd or dvd-audio. What do you guys think.
    john
    [email protected]

2. Steven Hen

Steven Hen Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up the nc650v today at Best Buy for $236.92 along with Jeff Beck and Miles Davis sacd. I've only been listening to it for a couple of hours but I was immediately impressed by the sacd sound. Can't wait to get more sacd's. I picked the dvd capable one since my old pioneer 333 needed to be retired. For only a couple hundred, sacd is definitely worth checking out.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

John, welcome to the Forum! Based on personal experience, the 'CE775 is a better audio component than either DVD/SACD player. If DVD capability is not important to you, get the 'CE775. I have read that the 'CE775 has a better power supply than the DVD models, though I have never looked under the hoods myself.

4. john lewis

john lewis Auditioning

thanks for ideas i may go with the audio only 775

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I have a very modest system and I am certain I will add a SACD player, despite already having Panasonic DVD-RA60 DVD-Audio/Video player. So far, I am extremely impressed with the video quality of the RA60 on my Panasonic TV using the component inputs. However, most of the music on DVD-Audio is either not my cup of tea, whereas I see more and more of favorite music being released/reissued on SACD. I have not decided what to do yet as I am also considering an upgrade to my receiver, and I can only afford to do one at a time. More hair-pulling pros-and-cons decision-making process ahead....

6. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

John,

I agree with the other posters, if you already have DVD-V you are satisfied with, look at the SCD-CE775. I picked one up for $100 open box, no remote or manuals at a local Best Buy, and downloaded the remote setup for my pronto in about 1 minute ;D

It'll be a part of my system B, while I figure out what SACD player will be in my main system.

Regards,

7. john lewis

john lewis Auditioning

I will go with 775 as suggested now to find one. circuit city i guess john

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

John, best of luck in your search for a 'CE775. Check Best Buy and Circuit City. In addition, try Oade Bros. (1-229-228-4480 or 1-229-228-0093), OneCall (1-800-340-4770), or J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180). All three are authorized Sony dealers and offer great prices.

9. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

John, you may also want to try Tweeter/Hi-fi Buys as they carry the 775 there too. They should be on closeout for under $200. Good luck--it's a very good player.

10. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Eujin, good call on Tweeter et al. I forgot that one.

11. Steve-sas

Steve-sas Agent

I just got a CE775 from 6th Ave. $190 shipped. They too are an authorized dealer.