What's new

sacd? (1 Viewer)

john lewis

Auditioning
Hi, Which is a better audio deal? dvd feature not really mportant audio my priority.
sony
dvp-nc650v $249
sony- 775 $179
dvp-ns500 $179
Any other ideas welcomed i want to check out sacd or dvd-audio. What do you guys think.
john
[email protected]

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up the nc650v today at Best Buy for $236.92 along with Jeff Beck and Miles Davis sacd. I've only been listening to it for a couple of hours but I was immediately impressed by the sacd sound. Can't wait to get more sacd's. I picked the dvd capable one since my old pioneer 333 needed to be retired. For only a couple hundred, sacd is definitely worth checking out.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, welcome to the Forum! Based on personal experience, the 'CE775 is a better audio component than either DVD/SACD player. If DVD capability is not important to you, get the 'CE775. I have read that the 'CE775 has a better power supply than the DVD models, though I have never looked under the hoods myself.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I have a very modest system and I am certain I will add a SACD player, despite already having Panasonic DVD-RA60 DVD-Audio/Video player. So far, I am extremely impressed with the video quality of the RA60 on my Panasonic TV using the component inputs. However, most of the music on DVD-Audio is either not my cup of tea, whereas I see more and more of favorite music being released/reissued on SACD. I have not decided what to do yet as I am also considering an upgrade to my receiver, and I can only afford to do one at a time. More hair-pulling pros-and-cons decision-making process ahead....

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
John,

I agree with the other posters, if you already have DVD-V you are satisfied with, look at the SCD-CE775. I picked one up for $100 open box, no remote or manuals at a local Best Buy, and downloaded the remote setup for my pronto in about 1 minute ;D

It'll be a part of my system B, while I figure out what SACD player will be in my main system.

Regards,

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, best of luck in your search for a 'CE775. Check Best Buy and Circuit City. In addition, try Oade Bros. (1-229-228-4480 or 1-229-228-0093), OneCall (1-800-340-4770), or J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180). All three are authorized Sony dealers and offer great prices.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
John, you may also want to try Tweeter/Hi-fi Buys as they carry the 775 there too. They should be on closeout for under $200. Good luck--it's a very good player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks