SACD with Pioneer VSX 810S and DV 563 AS

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Berggren, Oct 22, 2003.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm trying to play the multichannel portion of Pink Floyd's DSOTM with my pioneer setup.

I have all the cables connected, and I think everything is configured properly, but I get no output. I don't know what channel the analog 5.1 goes to, or how to make the receiver know that it's active.

I'm pretty sure the DVD player is set up to push through the analog connects, but could use some assurance.

Can anyone assist?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You must use the multi-channel analog outs from the player and the corresponding inputs on the receiver. This is the only way to get DVD-A and SACD with these two together. Then, you must select the multi-channel input source on your receiver. "Auto" does not usually work for this, so check your manual on how to select these inputs.

Check your DVD player's setup to see that you have selected the correct audio outputs, since you are not sure.

BTW, be very careful with the DSotM disc, as they are prone to cracking at the hub (center) due to some kind of manufacturing defect. Otherwise a great disc.

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

4. Tony Casler

Tony Casler Agent

Set the reciever to dvd and hit signal select (it's under the front pannel) until it says multi-channel input.

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Good try. This simply switches between Digital/Analog/ and Analog with a box around it.

I've placed an email to Pioneer support. I'm searching their telephone number now.

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Chalk this up to my being an utter moron.
    I connected the DVD 5.1 outputs to the preouts, NOT to the DVD 7.1 inputs on my player.

It's working, and I'm happy.

Thank you Tony & John.