What's new

SACD - what't the story? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
The current state of SACD is so sad given how good these discs can sound. I love the ones I own and wish that they'd put out popular titles. I just don't think the classical titles are draw people to buy the discs.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil

I concur. Classical titles on CD have a relativelty low benchmark to be considered a success so there likely is not nearly the expectation that it needs to anywhere near as much as a popular title would. The state of hi-rez is what finally made me sell my Modwright Absolute Truth Mod XA-777ES last fall (along with the my Sony TA-P9000ES to switch between multi-channel SACD and DVD-A). I was using the player almost totally for CD as the new SACD releases dried. I discoverd I prefer 2-channel vs. multi-channel most of the time and figured I might as well sell the player while it is still somewhat in demand as I bought a Marantz DV9600 universal player I use with an outboard DAC I have for CDs.

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
It's a sad state of affairs, but my only consolation is that there are enough classical sacds to keep me busy for the rest of my life.

Danny, thanks for keeping up with the sacd market for us. And thanks for mentioning that Sony sacd/cd player. I am wondering how it will stack up against my Sony ns9100es which got great reviews from modders as a great sacd/cd player, even though it's also a dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks