What's new

SACD vs DVDA? (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
A problem with many DVD-Audio discs: the introduction of audible water marking into the recording, thus diminishing the overall audio fidelity.
A problem with many discs? Hmm, OK humor me Dan. I would like to know the albums, track, and track location of this audible watermarking. Since there are so "many" discs with this audible watermarking you speak, you should have no problem providing examples. (Note: I will take your silence on providing examples as an admission that you were doing nothing more then parroting the same old tired argument against DVD-A, that has yet to be proven on any real world disc).

J

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I've never heard watermarking on DVD-A and no-one has ever been able to tell me where they heard it. I also would be very happy to have some references (disc, track, time) so that I can better understand what the "problem" is. IMO watermarking is a non-issue.

Mark All

Second Unit
I haven't heard evidence of watermarking, but do have a concern about DVD-A's inability to play back continuously without taking a breather between tracks on some players. I know newer machines don't have this defect, but mine does. It would make listening to "Sgt Pepper's..." on DVD-A unfaithful to the intent of the artists (not that it's even available though).

Just stirring the pot a little... :)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Mark, out of curiousity, which players? I know my friend (Toshiba would not respond to E-Mails) and others that have a Toshiba 4700 that mutes the 1st couple seconds of each song on DVD-A. On ltd. use of the Toshiba 4800 I bought my brother, I did not notice the same problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks