What's new

SACD updates from Sony (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

Who has given up on hirez formats?

I think it more a matter of what types of music one enjoys. As a jazz and classical fan, I have lots to choose from...in fact more than I can afford.

There are now some 3-4 SACD titles being released every day. I think we will see big classic pop & rock albums released periodically.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

Who has given up on hirez formats?

I think it more a matter of what types of music one enjoys. As a jazz and classical fan, I have lots to choose from...in fact more than I can afford.

There are now some 3-4 SACD titles being released every day. I think we will see big classic pop & rock albums released periodically.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

I have, and I like jazz and classical.

It's a combination of not having most of the titles I like, the price of the titles that I DO want, and just overall lack of interest.

On the plus side, my DVD collection is coming along nicely.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

I have, and I like jazz and classical.

It's a combination of not having most of the titles I like, the price of the titles that I DO want, and just overall lack of interest.

On the plus side, my DVD collection is coming along nicely.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I've given up, too. I'm not looking for SACDs when I go to my local shops anymore. What's the point?

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I've given up, too. I'm not looking for SACDs when I go to my local shops anymore. What's the point?

Ken Groulx

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as another dissenter from the hirez ranks. I don't care for classical and jazz, so there's just nothing that interests me in it anymore, and I'm in the process of selling what few titles I do have. Warner and Sony have strung me out long enough with their lip service about their "commitment" to their respective formats. I don't believe either of them anymore.

Ken Groulx

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as another dissenter from the hirez ranks. I don't care for classical and jazz, so there's just nothing that interests me in it anymore, and I'm in the process of selling what few titles I do have. Warner and Sony have strung me out long enough with their lip service about their "commitment" to their respective formats. I don't believe either of them anymore.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I like jazz, so I've had way more to choose from these sack-dee years but et ain't enuff! I'm more cynical and peeved with the big 5 than ever. The whole hi-rez thang has been so disingenuous...! I'm more P'd with Warner and Sony than the others...

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I like jazz, so I've had way more to choose from these sack-dee years but et ain't enuff! I'm more cynical and peeved with the big 5 than ever. The whole hi-rez thang has been so disingenuous...! I'm more P'd with Warner and Sony than the others...

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

Well I'm hanging onto my player anyways since it's decent (Sony 333ES), and has a nice build quality.
Plus I have about 15 SACDs anyways - most of them single layer.

The Mercury titles do look interesting. Hopefully the price won't be outrageous.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

Well I'm hanging onto my player anyways since it's decent (Sony 333ES), and has a nice build quality.
Plus I have about 15 SACDs anyways - most of them single layer.

The Mercury titles do look interesting. Hopefully the price won't be outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks