What's new

SACD support for upcoming Sony DVP-NC555ES (1 Viewer)

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
The press release for DVP-NC555ES mentions SACD support while the 300dpi enlarged picture for this model does not have SACD logo and it just says "CD/DVD Player." A bit strange, isn't it?

EDIT: IGNORE THE ABOVE - I FOUND THE SACD LOGO ON DISPLAY PANEL. Ooooops! However, it means if the unit is not powered on, one can't know about SACD support merely by looking at the chassis/tray.

Jigesh

JackS

Supporting Actor
First glimps photos' of new Sony products are often slightly different than the actual product. Missing logos are common and in one case that I noted in an AAFEs catalog a few years ago, the catalog picture clearly identified a DA50es as an DA70es. There was never a DA70es in production. It seems that most introductory photographs are either pre-production or maybe beta units.

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Oade Brothers expect them to ship next week - @$450.00. Somehow DVP-NC555ES has caught my attention and will be on watch-list!

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
I found some good info on the new ES series DVD/SACD players. Click on this link and type in DVPNC555ES. It will give you a 53-page PDF document with quite a bit of information on new ES series DVD/SACD players.

Jigesh

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
That is an interesting document. It looks like the new models may have some advantages over the older ones, particularly in the area of speaker time alignment and bass management for multichannel SACD.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks