SACD slip case replacements

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

First, a rant:

What the hell is with the SACD packaging? They put that damn "security" sticker over the top of the jewel case, than put a slip case cover around it. The result: making it almost impossible to take the slip case off without tearing it, because the sticker makes the jewel case thicker.

If they must put that ridiculous sticker on it, why not put it on the slip case? Better yet, just don't use slip cases! I hate those things- they are utterly useless. ECM puts them on all their jazz discs, and Blue Note and Prestige/Riverside has them sometimes as well. The really stupid thing is, they contain the same info and artwork as the jewel case liners. Their only purpose is to add something easily damaged and make it impossible to fit into a CD rack.

People complain about snapper cases. That's nothing compared to this nonsense.

This is something that's always bothered me, but today was the worst. I buy a couple of SACDs, and I couldn't pull one of them out of the slip case. I must have tried too hard or something, so the slip case tore. If I try to return, they may give me a hassle because I ripped it. Ugh.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get replacement slip cases for SACDs?

NP: Aaron Copland, Appalachian Springs, Billy the Kid, Rodeo, SACD

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Mike,
    I agree with this rant. It is so hare-brained to have a sticker under a plastic film reinforced slipcase. Let's face it retailers, if a thief has gotten through the slipcase, he going to get the disc.
    It boggles my mind that major labels will make a $100 million or so to Mariah Carey and then get overly anal about inventory shrinkage. Is this not worrying about pennies?
    Mike, I am sorry but I have no idea where to find replacement slipcases...[​IMG]
    Lee

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Warning, more ranting:
    I'm going to try to return it tomorrow, since it looks like I'll have to go there anyway to demand a replacement or refund on my piece of crap laptop, which is broken for the third time! Son of a @#%[email protected]#$#mother$^*^&#! [​IMG]
    Why do I put up with Best Buy? Low prices, and I'm a cheap bastard.
    NP: Miles Davis, Round About Midnight, SACD while using my roommate's computer.