sacd region coding

Discussion in 'Music' started by Joe Road, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Joe Road

Joe Road Agent

Do Sacd and DVD-Audio discs have region coding like DVD-Movies? I saw that Creedence Clearwater Revival has their greatest hits album in multichanell sacd available only in Hong Kong?

http://www.sacdinfo.com/showtitle.php?title=55

If I imported this disc could I play it on my Pioneer DV-45a?

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I have 20 SACDs from various Hong Kong labels, and nope, no regional coding.

3. Joe Road

Joe Road Agent

Where did you get them from? I am new to sacd and was wondering where I could import this disc from?

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Joe,

The 20 or so Hong Kong SACDs I have are of local HK artists. Almost all of them are on the major labels, even HK Warner Bros. You can see and order most of them from Yesasia.com. Ever since I posted this thread, most of the HK Warner Bros. SACDs have been deleted by Yesasia. However, Yesasia just recently added HK Warner Bros. latest hybrid multi-channel SACD from Sammi Cheng.

As for the HK Arista/BMG SACD of the soundtrack to "The Sound of Music", "Air Supply: The Definitive Collection", and "Kenny G Live", you can order them from here.

I believe Music Direct is also carrying the Kenny G and Air Supply SACD as well.