What's new

SACD player recommendations - for audio only (1 Viewer)

Mr. Brian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I'm interested in getting an SACD player, but only using it for audio SACD's since I already have a Denon DVD video/audio player. Are there any cheap players that would do a good job? Any features I should be looking for?

Thanks,

Brian

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I would suggest going right for a Sony player, since SACD is their baby anyways. Plenty of cheapie SACD players from them. Set your budget, take your choice.

And there's always the Pioneer 563 or 578.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Depends on your budget and whether you want a changer. The non-ES (5-disc) Sony changer is $149 list and the 2000ES changer is $399 list. I bought the 2000ES for the secondary basement system last week. I too have a separate DVD-A player down there already. I dropped it off at a friend who has a $3.9k CD only player already las Sunday after picking it up. He dropped the player back at my house earlier this evening and sold his CD player. He is likely going to get the top of the line Sony 9000ES but told me althought there were postives and negatives he liked it better overall on CD than his expensive player. I have it playing in the main system right now and for a $399 player it is damn good. No it is not as good as some of the other stuff I have like a Modwright (Absolute Truth Modded) XA-777ES but it is certainly worth the $399. I am going to stick it permanently in the basement system later next week (I have another friend who wants to hear it on my main system and what its time alignment features do) and will be comparing it many things I have down in the basement system including a very good separate outboard DAC. With the ES Warranty, I think it is a very good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks