What's new

SACD List of Upcoming Titles to get excited about! (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (multi-channel hybrid)

Michael McDonald - Motown (muti-channel hybrid)

Both coming soon from Link Removed

Got news of this from Brian Moura off of audioasylum.com

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Ahhhh, the one that you've been waiting for Kenny G: Live. Brian Moura got the scoop on this one.

This SACD also features Michael Bolton on vocals, so consider yourself warned!

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
The Man who's had more #1 singles than any artist in history is apparently coming to SACD.

Based on info. at both HighFidelityReview.com and the same UMG site Danny links to in his post #122 above, I'm stoked to see that George Strait's new album, Honkytonkville, is skedded for release later this year as a hybrid, multichannel SACD. Perhaps it will be day-and-date with the CD (street date June 10)? I think this is good for the format and a step in the right direction amongst all these catalog titles. Except for last year, George has released an album evey year for the past 15+ . . . and every single one of them has gone Gold.

In addition to being George's (co-)producer, MCA Nashville president Tony Brown also has produced a lot of Reba McEntire's work and is Vince Gill's producer as well ('cept on Vince's latest album from earlier this year). Like (Eagles manager) Irving Azoff, I suspect that he's on DTS' board, too, and is the reason why all three of these MCA artists had DTS CDs released.

Tony's engineers--guys like Chuck Ainlay and Steve Marcantonio--do fine work, so here's hoping that all those DTS releases get put out on multichannel SACD, especially Vince's amazing Breath Of Heaven: A Christmas Collection With Patrick Williams and His Orchestra.

Paul

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Williams?? Son of composer John Williams and former lead singer of Toto??

I would love to see Sony get some hybrids of Mary Chapin-Carpenter or the Dixie Chicks out there.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Danny:

No, this Patrick Williams is an arranger (and long-time Frank Sinatra collaborator).

As I'm sure you're aware, Chapin Carpenter's Time*Sex*Love is out there on SACD . . . but it's not a hybrid. Grammy nominee for Best Engineered Album though . . . George Massenburg strikes again. I think Saddam bought all the Chicks SACDs. :D

Paul

Ken_WI

Stunt Coordinator
They really should include the mono versions on the Dylan SACDs. I don't see Dylan's music as being enhanced that much by the multichannel treatment. Well, stuff like Time Out Of Mind would be great in multichannel, if only to hear the deconstruction of producer Daniel Lanois' soundscapes.

Speaking of which, reading this thread I see that Peter Gabriel's SACDs are now available. "Us" and "So", my 2 favorites, are produced by Lanois - YIKES - I must go to Best Buy tomorrow.

Please also allow me to put in a recommendation for Daniel Lanois' new CD, "Shine". It is excellent. His talents as a producer are well-known, but he is vastly underrated as a guitarist, singer, and songwriter. I saw him in Asheville NC about a week ago, and he put on a fantastic show for a crowd of about 400. Dylan was playing there the next night but I couldn't stay another day, had to get back to work :)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
amusicdirect.com has "Bring the Family" coming out on 7/15, but I'm listing 7/22 as per Brian Moura's site (which I've found to be largely reliable).

Isn't Brian Moura one of the main guys over at HFR?

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I'll have to grab the UK versions of the Peter Gabriel titles. They have them out there in remastered CD, SACD and (my pick - just out a couple of weeks ago) hybrid versions. I wish the hybrids were out here.

At least we got the hybrid Police SACD/CD's down here. What were the US versions? SACD only, or hybrid?

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
The US versions were SACD only except for Every Breath You Take.

JB in Elizabeth St had the UK Peter Gabriel hybrids for $26.99 ea if you are interested Anthony, although stock was moving pretty fast. They are in their DVD-A/SACD section near the 50s/60s stuff. I just picked up Shaking The Tree and it's pretty good.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
7/2
Murray Perahia "Schubert: Late Piano Sonatas" (Sony) Hybrid/Multichannel

No Date
Stan Getz "The Dolphin" (Groove Note) Hybrid/Stereo
Lightnin' Hopkins "Broken Hearted Blues" (Audio Fidelity) Hybrid/Stereo

Everything by Perahia knocks my socks off, and I'm pleased to see Sony is releasing his Schubert disc as a hybrid.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
B-B-B-B-BOOYA! on the Brian Eno Music for Airports. I can't wait to hear what that sounds like!

Mike

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I have been out of the SACD loop for some time.
I did not pre-order Peter Gabriel "Up" Hybrid/Multichannel
Now that it's out today, Anyone have an idea what national B&M stores have them? I checked CC on-line and could not find it, Wal-mart?
Also whats the going rate "$" for this one.
I also see that ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN SACD is available via ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2534481574
I have purchased from that seller in the past without problems.
Any idea if that import will differ from the U.S. release?
thanks for getting me up to speed.
Jerry

EDIT:
I see that the import is a Hybrid,
And it's listed here to be released as Mercury Single/Multichannel?

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
August 19 is the big day according to bobdylan.com.

Also, Jazzmatazz has these noteworthy announcements for Aug. 26:

Dave Brubeck Quartet "Jazz at Oberlin" (Fantasy) Hybrid/Stereo
Vince Guaraldi "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (Fantasy) Hybrid/Stereo
Thelonious Monk/John Coltrane "Thelonious Monk & John Coltrane" (Fantasy/Jazzland) Hybrid/Stereo
Gil Evans "And Ten" (Fantasy/Prestige) Hybrid/Stereo
John Coltrane "Lush Life" (Fantasy/Prestige) Hybrid/Stereo
Bill Evans "Portrait in Jazz" (Fantasy/Riverside) Hybrid/Stereo
Wes Montgomery "The Incredible Jazz Guitar" (Fantasy/Riverside) Hybrid/Stereo
Zoot Sims "And the Gershwin Brothers" (Fantasy/Pablo) Hybrid/Stereo
Creedence Clearwater Revival "The Concert" (Fantasy) Hybrid/Stereo
Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan "In Session" (Fantasy/Stax) Hybrid/Stereo

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Donald! I've actually got quite a bit of work to do updating this list... there were many more announcements and streetdate confirmations in the last few days, including an email I rec'd from Sugar Hill confirming a June 10 streetdate on all the following:

Nickel Creek: This Side SUG-SACD-3969
Nickel Creek: Nickel Creek SUG-SACD-3970
Jerry Douglas: Lookout For Hope SUG-SACD-3971
Chris Thile: Not All Who Wander Are Lost SUG-SACD-3972
Dolly Parton: Little Sparrow SUG-SACD-3973
Dolly Parton: Halos & Horns SUG-SACD-3974

I'm very busy today, but will hopefully have the list updated over the weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks