What's new

SACD from Denon 2200 (1 Viewer)

Stu_Ca

Auditioning
I’m having trouble getting multi-channel audio (SACD) from a Denon 2200 through a 3803 receiver. DVDs play great 6.1 through the optical cables; however I can’t seem to get the proper settings for SACD playback. I’m using the multi-channel jacks out from the 2200 to the EXT. IN on the receiver. Could someone please walk me through the proper settings for both the 2200 & 3803 to achieve SACD.

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Funny!
I was going to post a similar question and before that did a search on SACD and found your posting.

I have a similar problem, but different brands.
My Sony DVD plays SACD too. I have connected it through an optical cable to my HK7200 (this is the only audio connection between my DVD and A/V). I have a two front speakers Stereo setup and no surround yet. I am not able to hear anything when I play my SACDs whereas others are fine including movies etc...

Stu_ca, I hope you don't mind me piggy backing in the same thread. :)

Cesar

Grip
in order listen to SACD or DVD-A, you have to do the following:

1) Ensure that you are using analog multichannel connections between the DVD and AVR. It won't work w/ optical/coax connections.
2) Set up your DVD player for multichannel. I also have the 2200 and you have to go to the setup menu to change the audio to multichannel from 2 channel.
3) Configure your AVR to multichannel analong. Once again, it won't work in digital mode.

Stu_Ca

Auditioning
Thanks Cesar, it was the multi setting in the 2200 set up menu. All is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks