SACD & DVD-A - What Audio Cables???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Thomas, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas Second Unit

Thank's to KeithH...I'm spending more money on my obsession by adding a Sony C222ES SACD player. I'll be using the Radio Shack switches to change between DVD-A and SACD into the ex-inputs of my receiver.

I'll need to purchase a dozen audio interconnects, but don't want to break the bank. I'm currently using RatShack gold series with my DVD-A.

What cables are you guys using for SACD or DVD-A audio connections?

Any suggestions for audio connects at @ $10 per pair?

2. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

maybe not $10, but not much more, check out AR cables at bestbuy.

3. Dzung Pham

Dzung Pham Second Unit

4. mikey.k

mikey.k Auditioning

I use Monster M850i for connection between processor and amp and also between my Pioneer Elite 47a and the processor. I am not going to discuss whether or not there are sound advantages but my experience speaks loudly with regards to the importance of build quality.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Gary, I hope you are pleased with the 'C222ES. Regarding cables, first let me say that I am using the Radio Shack switch boxes. Perhaps I mentioned that to you before. Anyway, I use Monster Interlink 400mkII cables from my 'C555ES and Radio Shack Gold Series cables from the DVD-Audio player and from the switch boxes to the receiver. All of these cables are over $10 a pair, but the Radio Shack cables aren't too expensive.

6. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Gary, congrats on your 222ES! I use Rat Shack Gold analog interconnects with a Rat Shack Gold digital coax as well on my 222ES. I tried to get AR bust best buy was out and I was burning to get the payer running[​IMG]

7. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Homemade @ $5 per pair.

8. John_Bilbrey

John_Bilbrey Stunt Coordinator

Don't forget about parts express. I picked up some 12' schosce(SP?) for less than $10/pr. Plus, you get a discount when ordering 4 or more.

9. Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas Second Unit

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up getting 3' Radio Shack gold a/v interconnects for a total of $45 as a temporary solution. I did a bit of research on DIY cables last night & plan to eventually replace all of my cables w/ homemade varieties.