What's new

SACD & DVD-A - What Audio Cables??? (1 Viewer)

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Thank's to KeithH...I'm spending more money on my obsession by adding a Sony C222ES SACD player. I'll be using the Radio Shack switches to change between DVD-A and SACD into the ex-inputs of my receiver.

I'll need to purchase a dozen audio interconnects, but don't want to break the bank. I'm currently using RatShack gold series with my DVD-A.

What cables are you guys using for SACD or DVD-A audio connections?

Any suggestions for audio connects at @ $10 per pair?

mikey.k

Auditioning
I use Monster M850i for connection between processor and amp and also between my Pioneer Elite 47a and the processor. I am not going to discuss whether or not there are sound advantages but my experience speaks loudly with regards to the importance of build quality.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Gary, I hope you are pleased with the 'C222ES. Regarding cables, first let me say that I am using the Radio Shack switch boxes. Perhaps I mentioned that to you before. Anyway, I use Monster Interlink 400mkII cables from my 'C555ES and Radio Shack Gold Series cables from the DVD-Audio player and from the switch boxes to the receiver. All of these cables are over $10 a pair, but the Radio Shack cables aren't too expensive.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Gary, congrats on your 222ES! I use Rat Shack Gold analog interconnects with a Rat Shack Gold digital coax as well on my 222ES. I tried to get AR bust best buy was out and I was burning to get the payer running:D

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Don't forget about parts express. I picked up some 12' schosce(SP?) for less than $10/pr. Plus, you get a discount when ordering 4 or more.

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up getting 3' Radio Shack gold a/v interconnects for a total of $45 as a temporary solution. I did a bit of research on DIY cables last night & plan to eventually replace all of my cables w/ homemade varieties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks