What's new

SACD, DVD-A, everyhing for MSRP $349 (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
heard of it but i'm wary to buy from Apex. i'm gonna pass...i'll add an SACD player when i feel it's time, and my RP91 is far superior for everything else!

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
It seems that with Apex you get what you pay for. At least that's the word anyways. I'd be willing to bet that sacd and dvd-a won't sound much better than a regular cd on that thing. Of course, I haven't seen any actual reviews on the device, which would be quite interesting to see.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Craig, Apex announced the AD-7701 some many months ago and J&R Music World has had it on back-order on its web site for months. Frankly, I'm not so sure the player is ever going to ship. Even if it does see the light of day, I'm not expecting too much. Apex makes questionable-quality players, and the '7701 just has too many features for a meager $349 for it to be any good, especially on the audio side. Just my $0.02. I wonder if it will have a DSD DAC for SACD or will process DSD bitstreams through a PCM DAC. In any event, I wouldn't consider the '7701 a real contender as a "universal" player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks