What's new

SACD at Costco? (1 Viewer)

willyh

Agent
Can it be? Yes, I was surprised to see a box of Living Stereo SACD hybrid discs at Costco today (at $7.50 each even). That is the first time I have ever seen SACD at a warehouse outlet. I bought two of the Boston Pops discs. Let's hope this is the beginning of a trend.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Well, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I would say the trend is most likely "Clear out your inventory of stuff that is not selling".

It was not too long ago that these titles were selling for $12 or so, and probably still are, at places like Acoustic Sounds, Ellusive Disc, etc.

I say, get 'em while you can.

Brian

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Like many things with Costco, some things come and go in their inventory. A couple years ago I picked up Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, DSOTM, and at least one other SACD there, but I don't know if I've seen any more since then.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx, Willy.

Costco is of course a warehouse wholesaler so I don't think they have 'inventory' in the way a retailer does.

My 'local' Costco recently 'downsized' their music stock: more games, fewer CDs.

Will mos def keep my eyes peeled on this week's trip though.

-p

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Every Costco is different...mine went the opposite, more movies and music, WAY less games/software.

Space and inventory are king there. Stuff is showing up, they have to make room. They blow stuff out to their employee's and 7am business customers at insane discounts, 3-4 percent of cost just to make room. If you get there ontime you can still find some stuff left over.

You could buy Christmas stuff for pennys on the dollar.

What all that means is they seem to each have a core investory they carry(food, dry goods, etc) and then a specialized that is whatever that area can get their hands on which may not match from store to store.

willyh

Agent
Here is a list of the Living Stereo available at my Costco:

Rhapsody in Blue, Arthur Fiedler/Boston Pops
Hi-Fi Arthur Fiedler, Arthur Fiedler/Boston Pops
Richard Strauss in High Fidelity, Chicago Symphony
Beethoven/Mendelssohn, Boston Symphony Orchestra
Van Cliburn, Rachmaninoff #3/Prokofiev #3
Van Cliburn, Tchaikovsky #1/Rachmaninoff #2
Beethoven 5th, Boston Symphony Orchestra
Pictures at an Exhibition, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Heifetz Concertos, Sibelius/Prokofiev/Glazunov
The Chopin Ballades & Scherzos, Rubinstein

However, they are going fast and some were almost gone.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I know Borders carries a bunch of these Living Stereo in their stores for $11-12, and there's always a 20% off or better coupon flying around somewhere online. Obviously this Costco deal would be about $1.50 cheaper, but Borders has a bigger selection, and not everyone is a Costco member, so just thought I'd share

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks