What's new

SAAWEEET!!! I did it!!! (1 Viewer)

Ken[N]

Auditioning
Just got back from CC. I purchased a 51S500 for 2299 plus a $100 gift card for Thurs delivery. I will probably sell the card for face and save up for a Denon 2803.

Next purchase: Pioneer DVD-563a

I am going to purchase the Avia DVD to tweak it a little.

Does anyone with a 57s500 or 51s500 have some recommended settings(contrast, sharpness, etc.) for this TV? Much appreciated!!

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Ken[N],

Congrats on the new set! :emoji_thumbsup: Your gonna have many good hours of viewing with it!

As for settings...no one can really give you settings that you should be setting your set at because every set is different and behaves a little differently. This is where the Avia DVD will come into play. You will want to first put the set in the Movie mode or Pro mode if I remember correctly - these will lower your contrast and brightness so that the set is not in the "torch" mode (usually contrast all the way up). From there you will want to calibrate the set using the Avia disc or the new Digital Video Essentials (september release). These discs will help you set brightness, contrast, color, tint, ect..so that you are achieving a more accurate picture from your display.

Keep in mind that there are still adjustments that can be made by a qualified and experienced calibrationist in the service menu that can help you get the maximum performance from your set. Parameters such as gamma, grayscale, color decoder, ect...can all help make an accurate image and require special test instrumentation to do so.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks