1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

S-video vs SCART

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cagri, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

Hello,
    I currently use a SCART connection from my dvd player to my 32" direct view TV. When I watch movies, sound is coming from the speakers of the TV as well as my HT speakers unless I turn the volume of the TV all the way down. I guess if I hook up the player with s-video cable there won't be audio heard as s-video is carrying video signals only, but on the video side am I going to lose or gain or won't be able to tell the difference? Any input please?

2. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

If you don't already have an SVideo cable around, I'd borrow one or buy a cheap one first. Experiment with it, and decide for yourself. It could be a better pic, it might not be. It all depends on the equipment.

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

If your SCART is in RGB mode, then you may be going backwards. But if it's not, then you probably won't notice much if any change...