What's new

S-video to Composite (1 Viewer)

I have 2 quick questions. I have discovered a cheapo GF4 video card with an S-video out on it. (Here is the card's homepage http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...128-A8-NV95-LX)

I want to know if I can get the s-video signal converted into composite (for my equally crappy tv) with an inexpensive dongle or part from Radio Shack or something?

Secondly, how long can you run composite cables?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure you could buy such an adapter from Radio Shack. The video card I just bought actually came with what you're looking for, so I know they exist. How long do you need to run the cable? I can't imagine you'll run into too much trouble running it pretty far.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I really don't think that distance would cause a problem. If you're concerned you might spend a little extra on a nicer cable. Here's a link to the composite cable price list on the BlueJeans website. They make great cables.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Radio Shack sells one but it's expensive. I seem to recall $25-$30. Believe it or not, the best deal on an s-video to composite adapter was at UNC Chapel Hill's bookstore. They sell them for $6. Works well too.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
I've been needing the same thing. I haven't noticed if every b&m Radioshack has this, but since one particular one in my area does, I made a note of the product #. It's 15-1238. It's $ 21.99.
In case the link doesn't work, then at Radioshack's website, just do a search for "15-1238".
There is also a place for you to enter your zip code to find out what stores in your area have it in-stock.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
There are dongles provided with cards that do this. Evga used to supply them. To get one through E-Supply is $1.82.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Electronic supply. They are just a local supply shop here in KC. I called this morning and checked, yep, a simple dongle: $1.82.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
Chris:
It would be nice if I didn't have to spend $20 if what you're talking about would do the trick.
The thing is, I don't know what a "dongle" is that you're talking about.
Would you mind posting a link to an etailer that sells one of these or to a picture so I could get a better idea of what this is you're describing ?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I've got a bunch of them in a box, and I don't have a link because they are a wholesaler (but they would sell direct) if I get a photo of this and put up in this thread on Monday (I'll have my digital camera back, it's on a trip right now) would that be good? I can also give you the phone # of who to call to get them. :) (don't worry, it's toll free)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks