S-video to composite converter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Hawke, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Ryan Hawke

Ryan Hawke Agent

Does this composite to s-vid convertor work the other way? I want to connect my s-vid out on my computer to the composite-in on my tv. Thanks.
    --Ryan

2. Ken Situ

Ken Situ Stunt Coordinator

I think so. I think the composite out just has a non-polarized capacitor between the Y and C pins (pin 3 and 4) of the S-video connector, so it should go either way.

3. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I'm not sure....
    The reason I say that is because Parts Express sells a composite to s-video converter and an s-video to composite converter.....
    There may be some difference...they look the same, but have different part numbers.

4. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

Yes, they DO work and no, there is no difference functionally between the two parts. The only difference you get is between a female composite with a male svideo plug or a male composite with a female svideo plug. It depends on what cable you want to use. If you want to use an svideo cable, then get the one with the female svideo side. I personally use this because the signals are combined only at the last moment and is carried on separate wires throughout the length of the cable.