What's new

S-Video Problem... (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this a while back and didnt get too many responses, so ill try again....i bought an s video cable for my tv to my dvd, and since i've had it, ive noticed very tiny black lines in the background on the screen...they are mainly evident when a movie has a clear scene (skies or light colors)....i really didnt notice a difference in the picture resolution anyway, and isnt that what the cable is supposed to do??...are there any tests to see the difference a picture has with and without the cable???....thanks for any info

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
S video doesn't affect the resolution of the image you see. It allows the source (dvd player) to send different parts of the video signal separately, basically amounting to less unnecessary signal processing and degradation.

I would try (re?)connecting the dvd player to the tv with a regular RCA composite video cable and see if you notice the problem with that connection.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
are there any tests to see the difference a picture has with and without the cable???.
As noted, you could substitute a composite connection and compare the results. You might also want to try a different S-video cable to see whether there's any difference; it's always possible that a cable is damaged or defective.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks