What's new

S-video out to T.V. (Part 2) (1 Viewer)

Hi Mike, I tried the setup with the T.V. in regular mode and works the only problem is that it is a remote nightmare. I think there might be a better way I going to the haredware section of the forum to see if maybe there is something my receiver can do for me. Thanks again and let me know if you or anyone else out there has any input.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

Looks like you are a bit closer to getting everything like you want it! What exactaly do you mean by a remote control nightmare?? You are running everything through your receiver, right?

Yes, but when the T.V. is in lets say "none HT mode" I have to select the input on my T.V. remote to S-video then my receiver remote to Video 2 "not DVD 6CH or DVD/CD". It defeats the purpose of the universal remote, but that is one of the drawbacks of my receiver (Kenwood VR-506)
:frowning: This might be as good as it gets until I upgrade. But I am keeping postive what about if I use my digital out (optical)from my DVD instead of my S-video?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Joe:

Why not get a universal remote with a macro control. That way when you want to watch say the DVD it sets the TV then the receiver for you. You could then set it up for your other choices to control them.

Parker

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, thats what I was going to say. I have the RCA ru810 and it cost me $40.00 at Best Buy. It has 3 macros buttons and those buttons can learn up to 15 key sequences. I use one of my buttons to turn everything on and another to turn everything off. your pain in the butt with changing everything would be done with the push of one button!

Marco Control...I had no idea thanks guys I owe you one. I almost gave up hope and was endangering losing the fews hairs on my head that I have left..I'll look into that:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks