S-Video Out on Geforce 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Spraggs, Feb 16, 2002.

1. James Spraggs

James Spraggs Stunt Coordinator

I just recently bought a Geforce 3 Ti 200, with an S-Video out and I cannot get it to let me use the S-Video feature. I was wondering if anybody here had any tips on getting it to work.

By the way the card was made by PNY...

Thanks

2. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

OK. You need to let us know what you have tried. Are you going to Display Properties and clicking on Settings, Advanced, and then Device Selection? If so, do you see a TV selection there and is it greyed out?

Now if all these are the case, have you first plugged in your S-Video Cable to BOTH the PC and the TV? You must do this before you can select TV. I do not think you have to boot the PC with the S-Video cable connected but you may give it a try.

Also, are you using the drivers supplied from PNY, NVIDIA, or MS? The MS drivers may not give you a TV option.

Let us know what you find and we will try to go from there.

C. Ryan

3. James Spraggs

James Spraggs Stunt Coordinator

ok. I tried both the PNY and Nvidia drivers, and the TV out in the diplay properties is still grayed out. I do have the S-video hooked up to both the card and the tv.

I wonder if Windows XP has anything to do with it.

Thanks for the help.

4. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Well, I have XP with the same card using the NVIDIA Drivers except made by XTASY. Works fine. Although, I never use since the quality is not so great.

Now, did you have the TV on set to the correct video input while trying to get it "un-greyed"?

Also, did PNY have their own set of drivers? If so, have you tried those. In MOST cases, you have to be using the drivers supplied from the card manufacturer and not the chipset manufacturer to get all of the features of that specific card to work. I was suprised to see that the NVIDIA drivers did in fact allow my card to utilize the TV feature. Although, my Xtasy card was reported to be exactly what NVIDIA suggested. Most cards tweak what NVIDIA suggests for the cadr layout and thus need specific drivers to allow all the functions to work.

C. Ryan