What's new

S video or HDMI for standard non HD programs on Sony 70 inch XBR2? (1 Viewer)

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I just purchased a Sony 70 inch XBR2 SXRD and I was wondering if I should use an S Video connection for seeing standard non HD material from DirecTV. I currently have everything (HD and non HD channels) going through the HDMI connection. And while 1080i HD looks awesome, standard 480i does not. What do you all recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I would recommend that you keep your connections the way they are, through the HDMI connection. Unfortuneately, there isn't much you can do to improve the SD broadcasts.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
stick with the HDMI. I'm surprised your SD doesn't look better, Sony usually has very good scalers in their sets.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys for the info. I decided that since I would rather have different video settings for standard def and HD, I connected an S Video cable for 480i satellite sources. And now after calibrating and tweaking a bit, 480i looks pretty darn good :) HD of course looks phenomenal! This TV is awesome!!

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks