What's new

S-video on AVR-2802 (1 Viewer)

BenjaminA

Grip
I got my Denon 2802, s312's, s38's, and s-center all set up. It sounds really nice. I have a playstation 2 that I have connected into the receiver with rca's. Then I thought I was pretty smart and went out and bought a s-video to hook the receiver to my tv. I could not get the dvd in the playstation 2 to show up on the tv. I then switched the connection between the receiver and tv to a rca and got it to work. I know that I would not get a better picture with s-video, because it went through rca's first on the way to the receiver. Is this right about the receiver, that if the signal(picture) comes in on rca's it has to go out on rca's and the same with s-video. I just want to make sure that this is the way it is and make sure that my s-video works. Thanks

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Yes, you are correct. There is no video conversion available on your receiver. There are a few on the market that will perform composite to S-video (or S to composite.) But these units are more expensive than the 2802...

You could buy a plug-in composite to S-video converter from Radio Shack for $19.99 (15-1238.) It's my understanding that they work fairly decent and you could then be all "S".

Jim_Stu

Stunt Coordinator
Ben,

You will see an improvement in video performance if

you run S-video from your DVD player and PS2 to your TV.

The trick is you must have all S-video inputs, to utilize

the S-video out to your TV.

My video set-up:

Receiver Inputs:

Cable TV > VCR > S-video converter > Receiver(S-video)

DVD > Receiver(S-video)

Receiver Output:

Receiver > WEGA TV(S-video)

The TV is used as a monitor only and the stations

are tuned via the VCR. Very simple to operate with

the receiver remote.

I use the Entech/Monster converter it is transparent

but pricey (100 USD).

JRS

BenjaminA

Grip
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I will have to figure out how to run a s-video from the playstation to the receiver. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks